How restorative fillings from your dentist in Davis, CA, can help your smile.
If you have tooth decay, you already know how destructive and painful a cavity can be. The good news is, restorative fillings can repair cavities, restoring your teeth and your smile. Dr. Tracey Cook of Coral Bay Family Dentistry in Davis, CA, offers superb dental care including restorative fillings to help your smile.
Let’s talk about the benefits of restorative fillings for a minute. The truth is, restorative fillings are:
- Strong, because they can withstand biting and chewing forces so you can enjoy the foods you love
- Beautiful, because they are made of materials that can be matched to the color of your teeth, so the fillings blend right in
- Long-lasting, because filling materials are created with durability in mind, so many filling materials will last for decades
When you need a restorative filling, your dentist can help you decide which material might be best for you. You can choose from these materials which can be completed in one appointment:
- Tooth-colored, also known as composite fillings. This material begins as a liquid resin, so it can be sculpted to match the natural contours of your tooth. It’s also matched closely to the color of your teeth. After placement, the material is hardened with an ultraviolet curing light, giving you a filling that blends in with your smile.
- Metal, also known as amalgam fillings are made of a material that has been around for decades, providing years of dependable restorative capability. It’s a strong filling that can withstand heavy biting and chewing stress.
- Porcelain fillings provide naturally beautiful results. Porcelain is also stain-resistant, so your porcelain fillings will stay beautiful for years.
To find out more about what restorative fillings can do for you and your smile, call Dr. Cook of Coral Bay Family Dentistry in Davis, CA, at (530) 753-2845 today!